It’s time that I back out of this project and hand it off to another group that plans to continue it and offer kits sometime in the near future. I will provide them with my stockpile of kits parts and will stay in the background but it is no longer an active project for me.
I still think that this is a great idea and in the right hands will do very well. I greatly underestimated the amount of free time I would have to devote to this project. My K1EL kits business continues to do well and grow and with a full time job and a family, there is just no time left for another venture. I am not sure how I managed to do as much as I did, but one thing is certain, other parts of my life suffered.
Keep an eye on www.openqrp.com that’s the new URL for this project, this web URL will be redirected there in the near future. I will leave the project links and blog up here until the end of this year. All of the latest schematics, board files, and othe documents are up to date for reference. Arduino completely changed their development file structures and while I spent many hours trying to update the radio sketch and libraries to work with Arduino 1.1, I finally gave up. If you want to build the sketch with the files on this site you will need to use an Arduino version earlier than 1.0. Or if you feel gracious, and know how to port to Arduino 1.0 let me know and I’ll repost an updated version here.